cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant missing Upgrade Software

Mabry Tyson
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Network Assistant 6.3 (and 6.1 and 6.0) on Mac OS X 10.10.5, Java 8 update 121 (i.e., current):

I planned to upgrade the s/w on a router before I installed it, so I pulled up CNA, but the option to Upgrade Software isn't appearing for me.  The Maintenance section in the feature bar only has "Telnet...".   I've used the "Upgrade Software" in CNA before (on this computer, but not for quite a few months), so I went back to the older versions of CNA, but they are missing Upgrade Software as well.

CNA was able to show the communities, and I was able to add a new member, so basic functionality is there.

Seems like that Java couldn't find or maybe load whatever jar implements the software upgrade functionality.  Permissions problem?  Environment variables problem?   Unfortunately I don't know what might be wrong, and I haven't found any prior complaint about this problem.

I believe there was some special thing I had to do when I installed CNA 6.3 (regarding installation permissions), but that shouldn't affect the older CNAs.

0 Replies 0