Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 31108TC-V - PTP Routing

Hello,

we have a  Cisco Nexus 31108TC-V switch and we need to configure the switch in order to route the PTP packets on 100G ports. we know that this switch doesn't support PTP on 100G port, but we are wondering if there is a way to configure the switch in order to route all the packets on 100G without check the packet content. Maybe we cannot achieve the best PTP accuracy, but we don't need very high accuracy.

Thank you in advance for the support.

Regards 

FM

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

can you please clarify what is the context of PTP Routing ( Point to Point or Precision Time Protocol (PTP),)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-3000-series-switches/white_paper_c11-690975.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

With PTP I refer to Precision Time Protocol

then guide i was referring still valid. or i miss something here ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The problem is that we cannot configure the switch to routing PTP packet on 100G ports. We know the PTP cannot be enable on 100G ports, but we hoped that there is a way to configure the Switch so that it can handle PTP packet as general UDP packets without check their content and route them on 100G ports. So far we have not found a way to do it. Any advice is welcome.

Hello,

I try with different question: does anyone know if it is possible to configure the switch so that it routes all the packets (of corse based on destination MAC) from/to 1G port to/from 100G port as a layer 2 switch?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: