cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PI 1.2 Generate Traffic Utilization Report ( Graphical )

m.imaduddin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Netpro Communities,

We are doing POC on our customer for wire+wireless network management using cisco Prime Infrastrcuture 1.2.

One of the challange are to create graphical traffic utilization report that can be exported on pdf / excel format for WAN Router and branch router.

I am wondering how to do this on Prime Infrastructure. I know that it can receive netflow and snmp information from router, but i cant find how Cisco PI can generate the report graphically. It can only generate graphical interface utilization for wireless controller only.

I am sharing the report for wireless below:

And for the router, Cisco PI only can generate these report ( via netflow - no graph):

This traffic utilization report is a basic reporting tool for customer, and Cisco is way behind competitor if they cant create this report.

Please enlight me with the informations, any comments are appreciated.

2 Replies 2

m.imaduddin
Level 1
Level 1

I also have tested the legacy Cisco LMS 4.2, and it can generate utilization report per router.

I am wondering why Cisco doesnt migrate this feature to Prime Infrastructure.

Below is the screenshot of traffic utilization report on LMS 4.2.

I need confirmation from anyone that experienced with Prime Infrastructure 1.2 about this feature.

Thanks

Imad

KAROLY KOHEGYI
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I bumbed into same problem!

Unfortunetly the PI 1.2 has very poor netflow report capability. It is unusable for report purposes.

I think the developers have never used Netflow analyzer program earlier. :-)

One of best Netflow analyzer program is Srutinizer ( www.plixer.com ) but is not the cheapest.

Regards,