Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco prime 2.0 backup switches and router configuration

omer shtivi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We got prime infrastracture 2.0, and we want it each night to backup all our routers and switches configuration, even for switches that we will install later on.

How can we do it?

Thanks alot!!

Omer Shtivi

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Omer,

"You can schedule when Prime Infrastructure collects the configurations of selected devices and specify recurring collections by choosing Operate > Configuration Archives , then clicking Schedule Archive ."

The quote is from the User Guide.

Hope this helps.

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for your response.

When you chose operate-> configuration Archives, and Schedule Archive, you need to choose which components to backup, we want to backup all the network, and if we configure a new switch, we don't want to create another job specally for it, or to delete the current job and create new.

Best regards,

Omer Shtivi

Omer,

If you choose no devices (or choose a group without specifying any devices), the created job will backup all devices (or all devices in the selected group). See screenshot below.

Try that and see if the job updates to include devices devices added after the initial selection.

Hi,

Could you please let know option on Cisco prime 2.1 to configure NTP IP address, Prime should sync with my Ciso core switch which is configured as NTP master.

Thanks

Please post your question in a new thread as it is unrelated to this one.

Hi Experts,
I have a question and I hope you can help me,
We have a park of almost 60 2960x switches that are registered to Cisco Prime version 3.x

I see the backup part, according to Marvin in your attached image can you make a backup of the configuration of the switches?

We also have WLC but that can be done from the same WLC it is not necessary to run it from the same Cisco Prime.

Someone has made this configuration to take backup of the switches registered in cisco Prime 3.x,
I understand that this would be stored inside the Cisco Prime server but not exploited.

I will appreciate your valuable support

regards
Carlos P.

Hello Marvin,

I tried many times to configure this but i would like the backups to go on a external FTP server. Is that possible ?

I can only access the Backups through the Prime GUI...

Also, is there a way to access the backups through the CLI? When I perform "dir" I see no trace of switches backups...

Thanks,

AL