Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 2.0 doesn't start

jayohaitchenn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently joined the NHS and we have a Cisco Prime NCS running 2.0 that doesn't start. IT IS NOT UNDER A SUPPORT CONTRACT.

I'm trying to get this thing working and have hit a road block. There is an inbuild account in the NCS database that sets up the DB and schemas. The username is "wcsdba"

Every time I try to start the NCS services, this account tries to do something, fails and gets locked out. I have made the account never expire but of course this is working either. I'd like to reset the password to the default. Does anyone know what it should be?

Log file output below:

Starting Script /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/db_scripts/oracle/job_schema_update.sql ....
DB_USER:wcsdba
DB_SID:wcs
---------------------------
ERROR:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

ERROR:
ORA-12546: TNS:permission denied

SP2-0306: Invalid option.
Usage: CONN[ECT] [{logon|/|proxy} [AS {SYSDBA|SYSOPER|SYSASM}] [edition=value]]
where <logon> ::= <username>[/<password>][@<connect_identifier>]
      <proxy> ::= <proxyuser>[<username>][/<password>][@<connect_identifier>]
SP2-0157: unable to CONNECT to ORACLE after 3 attempts, exiting SQL*Plus
[2017-10-26 14:17:12.304471] /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/dbclean.sh             DDL execution of the script /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/db_scripts/oracle/job_schema_update.sql failed. Please check the log file /opt/CSCOlumos/logs/Startup.log. Exiting /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/dbclean.sh.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jayohaitchenn
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I found the answer on another Cisco support case. To see the password that the startup scripts are using you can do the following:

login as root in the cli

cd /opt/CSCOlumos/bin

./getDatabaseParams.sh

This script will output the password it is using so you can reset the account - make a note of the output.

su - oracle

. oracleenv
sqlplus '/as sysdba'

SQL> ALTER USER wcsdba IDENTIFIED BY "%Password%" ;

where %Password% is the output of the script from earlier.

Hope this helps someone else.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

jayohaitchenn
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I found the answer on another Cisco support case. To see the password that the startup scripts are using you can do the following:

login as root in the cli

cd /opt/CSCOlumos/bin

./getDatabaseParams.sh

This script will output the password it is using so you can reset the account - make a note of the output.

su - oracle

. oracleenv
sqlplus '/as sysdba'

SQL> ALTER USER wcsdba IDENTIFIED BY "%Password%" ;

where %Password% is the output of the script from earlier.

Hope this helps someone else.

Sonyia Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a similar issue with Cisco prime infrastructure 2.0 and I hope to get help from you as soon as possible.

I tried the script (( sqlplus '/as sysdba' )) with below result :

ERROR:

ORA-09925: Unable to create audit trail file

Linux-x86_64 Error: 30: Read-only file system

Additional information: 9925

ORA-01075: you are currently logged on

Can you help me ?

Thanks

- Reboot your prime server; watchout for any errors during the startup process on the console.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have reboot the system and it gives me Kernel crash and won't allow me to access. I'm stacked with Linux and it seems like the operating system crash and won't work.

Best,

- If you still have a linux prompt ; you may try fsck-ing the root partition (Google on these terms for more info's); but if you are unfamiliar with these kind of operations; you may need to re-install cisco-prime in the end.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi,

What do you mean by re-install the cisco prime ?

Best,

Sonyia

- Start from scratch.

M.

I try to re-install the cisco prime 2.0 and it gives me failed to boot from CD and I don't have the Linux CD to re-install it.

- That sentence is contradictory ; which CD are you booting from then, also on which platform are you trying to install cisco-prime ?

M.

The CD is CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution Version 3.0 Windows installation and the platform is cisco prime infrastructure with Product ID PRIME-NCS-APL-K9 

- You have wrong CD; LMS is different from cisco-prime

M.

What is the CD I should have ? and what is the different between them ?

- I don't think there's even a CD for cisco prime; if you are  using vmware you must download the OVA file from cisco and deploy it on your vmware-environment (hypervisor). For a Gen2 appliance I think it's pre-installed.

M.

That is a fairly generic Linux file system error. It can either mean the filesystem was mounted in read only or maybe you don't have write access to it. Did you use the sudo command to elevate your privileges?

If you did, and a reboot doesn't fix the issue you could try remounting the filesystem as RW. Use the mount command with the "remount,rw switch". If you are not confident in Linux, please google the command syntax.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: