cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.1 - how to remove Device Pack 7

Rod Kreutz
Level 1
Level 1

How best to uninstall 'Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Device Pack 7' from a Prime Infrastructure 3.1.0 (build 3.1.0.0.132) instance?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You probably want to post/move this to network management, or other community where you find prime posts, this is the UC apps forum.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Device Packs can't be uninstalled. Only solution, that I know of, would be to take a full system backup and install the whole application on a fresh server again, while omitting the DP7.

Is there some specific reason why you want to uninstall it?

Wando Rocha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have your PI server running on VMware and had taken a VM snapshot before installing DP7, you can "uninstall" DP7 by reverting to that VM snapshot.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Why do you need to remove Device Pack 7 ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Running into problems with SWIM fucntionality and wanted to know if the problems where present prior to installing the device pack. 

Device Packs often don't break anything and only bring new compatibility to new hardware, without changing anything for already supported hardware.

Maybe we can help you with the problems?

Also, you might want to install Patch 4, if you haven't already. You might want to skip update 5 though, there are a few memory related issues reported here in the forum.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card