cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.1 - "Permission Denied User Doesn't have Authorization to Distribute" error when attempting to distribute software images.

brivington
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to distribute a software image using Cisco Prime 3.1 and when I attempt to "Distribute" the software I have chosen to the device I would like, an error message displays at the top of my screen stating "Permission Denied User Doesn't have Authorization to Distribute". I've checked the settings and this also happens in the Root Domain. Where is this error originating from?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the user's assigned role's in :  Administration / Users / Users, Roles & AAA ; compare differences with the admin (super) user; see what could  be the cause and or augment privileges of the designated user gradually (with testing, following each step in de debugging process)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the user's assigned role's in :  Administration / Users / Users, Roles & AAA ; compare differences with the admin (super) user; see what could  be the cause and or augment privileges of the designated user gradually (with testing, following each step in de debugging process)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you! I had to go into the Group that my user account was a member of, and under the section Tasks Permissions -> Software Image Management and had to enable the option for "Swim Distribution". This cleared the error and allowed me to execute software. Thank you so much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: