Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.1 Report for "show inventory" command

b-brugger
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community

Is there a way to create a Report in Cisco Prime 3.1 to get the same output as the command "show inventory" on Catalyst Switch?

Inventory, Detailed Hardware or Wired Detailed Device Inventory Report doesn't give me the result for all switch types correctly.

I tried to create a CLI template that saves the output of the command to a file " show inventory | redirect tftp://x.x.x.x/<filename.txt>

But i would need a variable for <filename.txt> like <hostname.txt> . Else it overwrite the file in the tftp root folder.

Any ideas?

We have C6509, C2960G, C2960CG, C2960S, C2960X, C3750G, C3750E, C3750X, C3850, N7K, N5K .... switches and would like to get the SFP modules inventory (like SFP-10GBase-LRM or 1000BaseSX SFP)

THX, Ben

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You've some reports on CPI (like report called Detailed Hardware)

Here a last of reports :

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-2/reference/reports_field_ref.xlsx

If you want to do it through cli, you can use tcl and script it. In that case you can generate a file name based on the device you're working on.

Lay time a customer asked me something like that, i created a file containing unique device list based on sh cdp nei command and doing a loop for each device to run some commands. All these output commands were stored with a filename containing the device hostname.

Thanks 

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this solved your issue 

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Dear supportlan

In my opinion you refer to Prime Infrastructure 2.x , but i am asking about PI 3.1.

Of course i googled a lot before i asked the question here and found Solutions about tcl script etc. too. But i can't get along with it.

The Detailed Hardware Report in Prime 3.1 also don't show me what i need. Even the Wired Module Detail Report not Show me all SFP modules in all devices.

But thanks anyway.

Hi

No i was talking about CPI 3.1. I just dropped a link of CPI 2.2 because I didn't found out the same for CPI 3.1. 

Anyway, in Cpi 3.1, the compound report is better than CPI 2.2 then maybe you can get something but not everything for sure. This was possible through LMS.

That's why I said that tcl would be the way. Otherwise you can create a template on CPI to get it by using some variables.

I don't have any CPI right now and can't do any test.

Sorry 

Thanks 

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this solved your issue 

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

LMS used to do this quite nicely with the netshow feature. PI hasn't replicated that feature. (Sigh)

I'm mobile and don't have all my docs handy, but I thnk you can embed a variable in the cli template you were thinking of. Something along the lines of adding the hostname or management address into the output file name. 

Dear Marvin

Yes, i do agree. I miss too a lot of Features LMS 4.2 had ... They are still not implemented again in PI 3.1. Every Report i tried doesn't do what i expect.