Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.8 remove some Switch/Router interfaces from monitoring

ryosaeba86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I just installed Cisco Prime version 3.8 for a campus network. What I would now like to do is remove some ports (those connected to office PCs and / or telephones) from alarm monitoring. Now I get a lot of "link down" alerts that I don't care to monitor. Following other discussions I created a "Port Group" with only the UpLink ports later in Monitor-Monitor Policies I added a policies with the new group disabling the main Policies (Link & Trunk Ports).
But I still get "link down" alerts from other interfaces as well.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may be able to change the severity level (or category) of these alerts.

M. 

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

@marce1000 wrote:

- You may be able to change the severity level (or category) of these alerts.

M. 

Ok, sorry may you tell me how to do this?

Thanks.

- Have a look at this document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-2/user/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_2_0_UserGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_2_0_UserGuide_chapter_01001.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: