Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.9 Pane is dead error

Karl Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am trying to do a fresh appliance install of Prime 3.9 and it gets to the installing the services and fails saying Pane is dead. Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Its running on a C220 M4. I recently upgraded the CIMC via a dvd as booting from the usb caused a 906 error.

When trying to install prime from usb it failed. I then mounted it via the Cimc as a mapped DVD but that's when i get the Pane is dead.

I tried to cold boot but that made no difference.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Ensure no storage devices are connected to the USB port of the appliance before upgrading or installing the ISO image. The installation fails if a USB storage device is connected to the USB port of the appliance as the installer selects the USB storage device. 

Make sure ISO image intact, here is DVD install.

Manage the Appliance Using CIMC

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/hardware_install/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_9_Appliance_Hardware_Installation_Guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_8_Appliance_Hardware_Installation_Guide_chapter_00....

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Ensure no storage devices are connected to the USB port of the appliance before upgrading or installing the ISO image. The installation fails if a USB storage device is connected to the USB port of the appliance as the installer selects the USB storage device. 

Make sure ISO image intact, here is DVD install.

Manage the Appliance Using CIMC

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/hardware_install/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_9_Appliance_Hardware_Installation_Guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_8_Appliance_Hardware_Installation_Guide_chapter_00....

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Karl Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, i will try the DvD install next week and get back on the result.