Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco Prime Discovery - PI-UCS-APL-K9 - Configured with 2 Interfaces - Prime 3.2

Hello,

When you have two interfaces configured on the PI-UCS-APL-K9, which interface is referenced when the Prime discovery process modifies "the device configuration(s) to add a trap receiver in order for Prime Infrastructure to receive the necessary notifications"?

Also, what interface on the PI-UCS-APL-K9 is used to receive SNMP traps?

We have a PI-UCS-APL-K9 running Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.2.  It is configured with Gig 0 on one network and Gig 1 on a different network.  Gig 1 is on the network we use to manage our network devices.  Gig 0 is not reachable by our network devices.

I noticed a  trap receiver (snmp-server host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) configured on all of our devices that has the IP of the Gig 0 interface of the PI-UCS-APL-K9.  I removed that configuration line because it is not reachable by our devices but Prime put it back sometime during the night.  Prime doesn't appear we have any defined jobs to configure that line.  I assume this is happening as part of a recurring discovery process.

Thanks

Everyone's tags (2)
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards