Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 and Aironet 1250 + VSS issues

predrag2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I  am new to the NCS implementations and configurations. I have one very  specific case with Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 and autonomnous APs  and several issues with Cisco VSS on 6500 switches.

So here is the version from Prime:

NCS/admin# show version

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 2.0

ADE-OS Build Version: 2.0.1.038

ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64

Copyright (c) 2005-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

All rights reserved.

Hostname: NCS

Version information of installed applications

---------------------------------------------

Cisco Prime Network Control System

------------------------------------------

Version : 1.2.1.012

IOS version on our APs (which are autonomnous) is:

AP-N-1>show ver

Cisco IOS Software, C1250 Software (C1250-K9W7-M), Version 12.4(25d)JA1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Thu 11-Aug-11 03:23 by prod_rel_team

Well  the issue what we have now is that access point has been added but its  not recognized by the NCS prime. I have tried all three versions of SNMP  but I get the same result. The SNMP configuration is valid since I use  the same for my switching infrastructure. When I enter "debug snmp packets" and "terminal monitor" I can see the SNMP communication between Prime and Aironet 1250 which is standalone.

When  I switch to Lifecycle theme and go to Operate > Device Monitor  Center I see all devices I have added. The Aironet 1250 is reachable but  under collection status I get Managed with Warnings. When I hover over  with my mouse I get "None available".

I  have successfully added my switching infrastructure in total, which is  operating perfectly for Catalyst 2960/3650/3750/4500 series but for 6500  under VSS I have some warnings. The device is recognized by the system  which is excellent and all is operational. I get the following errors  under Collection Status:

feature_sensorSNMP request timed out
feature_powerSupplyFanStatus-6kSNMP request timed out
IdentityCapabilityThe device is unreachable.
feature_flashdeviceSNMP request timed out
sam_ipsla_featureThe device is unreachable.

What can be done to resolve these issues ? I have attached a screenshot of this particular issue. The affected access point is 172.16.165.241.

Predrag Petrovic       

Predrag Petrovic
4 Replies 4

rajeeshp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Upgrade NCS to the latest version(1.3).

HTH,

Rajeesh P

Hi rajeeshp,

Currently I am not allowed to upgrade it because of internal procedures involved in upgrading a specific piece of software (obtaining permissions from various departments). Is it free to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 or there is a specific charge for that.

Predrag Petrovic

Predrag Petrovic

Even with the upgrade problem is still present.

Predrag Petrovic

Predrag Petrovic

predrag2006
Level 1
Level 1

Issue has been resolved by TAC. Our access points (LWAPP and Standalone / Autonomous) were converted from dual-mode APs (2.4GHz and 5.2GHz) to 5.2GHz. Patch has been delivered by Cisco.

Predrag Petrovic

Predrag Petrovic