Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime infrastructure 1.2 comparen Config error

YEN-HSI Lin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All:

While i use "Compare with Previous" running configuration,The Error display

"Failed to fetch raw configuration diff.Error while locading previous configuration file withthe specified file id"

How can sloved the issues??

BR

7 Replies 7

I have the same with Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0. But only with some devices.

Resynching them does not help.

Does anyone know how to solve that?

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi wen,

this is because of the BUG:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuf89740/?reffering_site=dumpcr

As per the BUG detail , it should be fixed in PI 2.0.

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello Afroz,

we have PI 2.0 running and still have that error.

And when looking into the Job results, I see an "Execution Error:java.lang.NullPointerException" for the configuration archive job. Unfortunately without a detailed stack trace.

Any hints how to debug/fix that?

Regards

Sebastian Roesner

hi Sebastian,

I was expecting your response

Idelly issue shuld not be there in PI 2.0.   try deleting and re-adding the devices ,if possible

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

I've already tried that. For some FWs it works and for most of them not. But I don't have a clue what the actual difference between working and not-working systems is... And as far as I can see it only affects FWs, it perfectly works for all our switches and other stuff.

Sebastian

Hello,

I did some investigations, it affects all our FWSMs that are running in context-mode. There only the Admin-Context is backed up, for every other context I get an error.

From the logs:

[2014-02-14 11:01:18,510] [http-bio-443-exec-27] [service] [ERROR] - Thread Id : [263,064] : IFM_CONFIG_ARCHIVE_ERROR_DETAILS: [Configuration Archive Rest Unknown Error] : IFM_CONFIG_ARCHIVE_ERROR: [java.lang.NullPointerException]

==> nms_sys_error.log <==

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -13

at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.ifm.config.archive.manager.impl.ConfigArchiveManagerImpl.updateConfigurationFiles(ConfigArchiveManagerImpl.java:4283)

at com.cisco.ifm.config.archive.manager.impl.ConfigArchiveManagerImpl.processConfigArchival(ConfigArchiveManagerImpl.java:216)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1016.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)

at com.cisco.ifm.config.archive.util.IfmConfigArchiveTimerAdvice.invoke(IfmConfigArchiveTimerAdvice.java:30)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)

at $Proxy120.processConfigArchival(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.ifm.config.archive.util.ConfigTask.call(ConfigTask.java:383)

at com.cisco.ifm.config.archive.util.ConfigTask.call(ConfigTask.java:35)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any clue?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12515976/prime-22-wlc-config-archive-throws-error

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: