Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 ?

a.mehrizi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I have installed a trail version of Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2. Please help me on the following topics:

1) In the TX and RX Utilization of specific interafce, there is no data available. So is this because of trial version?

2) I need, Cisco Prime alerts me by email when any changes detected in configuration. is this possible?

3) I need to customize dashboard such as import a map and available nodes. is this possible or I need another software such as Cisco Prime Network Vision?

Thanks a lot

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ali,

1. PI 1.2 fully supports performance management, even on the trial version

2.I don't think this is available at this time in PI 1.2. You can do this in Prime LMS as an "Audit Trail report" (link)

3. The Topology tool is the closest thing Cisco Prime products offer. PI 1.2 does not support the Topology tool - that is only in Cisco Prime LMS. See this document for a high level comparison of what features the two products have.

Generally speaking PI 1.2 does not yet have the features for managing your wired infrastructure that Prime LMS has. PI 1.2 is more of an upgrade to the Prime NCS product (successor to WCS) for managing your wireless infrastructure with some of the LMS functionality added in.

Hope this helps.

Dear Marvin

Thanks a lot for you help.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Talk to your Cisco SE in regards to CPI 2.0.

did you mean, CPI 2.0 supports more features such as my requires?

Ali,

The document link I posted above has the comparison between LMS, PI1.2 and PI2.0:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/app_note_c27-716230.html

Generally speaking, LMS 4.2 is the most full-featured Cisco management tool for your wired network right now. The feature gap will narrow with the release of PI 2.0 in Spring 2013 but there will remain a few discrepancies, mainly in the compliance reporting tools.

Please rate helpful posts.

Hi Marvin,

The link is for partner accounts only.  I have a CCO account as a customer (Universities of California) but am 'forbidden' to see that document.  Any public or alternate posting?

Thx

Sorry, just substitute "customer" in most partner links and the document is available:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps12239/prod_white_papers_list.html

Very few collareral links are partner-only but when I go to the product info pages as a partner it always directs me to the "partner" copy. Only when I remember to edit the link does it work for the broader audience.

did you mean, CPI 2.0 supports more features such as my requires?

No.  There are rumours I've heard that CPI 2.0 will not "fit" into the hardware.

So if you have CPI chassis/hardware, you need to re-think what you are about to do if what I hear is true.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco