Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.x Server requirements & Operating System

Dear Friends

I wish you are in very good health ........ I really very confused regarding LMS and i really needs your help ........ I need to order LMS for one of our customer with 500 devices and reporting cabailities ..... So i chosse base license "R-PI-1.1-K9" and 500 device license "R-PI-1.1-500-K9" and

Compliance Management - 500 Device License "L-PI-1.1-CM-500"

What really confused me that i tried to search server cabalitity for my requirments & Operating system and couldn't find it ...... what i need your help for is the following:

1) What is the server requirments ???

2) What is operating system (windows 2008 or VMWare VMware ESX/ESXi Version 4.1 or 5.0)

3) Is their any deticated applicance from Cisco ??

Please help

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

In addition to the release notes for the 4.2.3 patch noted above, please also see  the 4.2 release notes which further direct you:

Server and Client Requirements

For information on server and client requirements for the system and browser, see Chapter 2 of Installing and Migrating to Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution 4.2 at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/install/guide/
install.html

To summarize the options it describes, you can run the LMS product on any number of platforms - a dedicated Cisco hardware appliance, a physical server of your own with Windows or Solaris OS, a VMware server with a Windows server OS guest, or a "soft appliance". The soft appliance is package built with the underlying guest OS (a customized RHEL distribution with Cisco's Application Development Environment OS (ADE-OS)) built-in.

Once you have installed LMS 4.2, you should patch - first to 4.2.2 and then to the current 4,2,3. then run the software update feature to bring all package components up to date.

Regarding licensing, there is a Cisco Prime Infrastructure Ordering and Licensing Guide here.

When you order the licenses for PI 1.2 (new customer), you order the base product and then Lifecycle licenses (required for either PI 1.2 Lifecycle and LMS installations - which option is a customer choice) and, optionally, Compliance and Assurance licenses. An upgrade order for an existing LMS customer will include the base PI 1.2 with Lifecycle licenses as well as LMS in a single SKU as noted in tables 4 and 5 of the Ordering Guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: