Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 and ASA 55xx platform problem

marcelvos82
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We recently upgraded to Prime Infrastructure 2.0 with the hope being able to manage our ASA's from PRIME (and complete an LMS migration).

When I attempt to add ASA's to prime i get the following collection errors:

Unable to collect processor and RAM information.          Processor and RAM information.          Unexpected error. See the log file inventory.log for details.

In the logfile I get the following XML parsing error on the MIB:

<palError>

<deviceId>6284310032</deviceId>

<code>VALIDATION_ERROR</code>

<message>Failed to validate output XML: cvc-maxInclusive-valid: Value '3484331296' is not facet-valid with respect to maxInclusive '2147483647' for type 'int'.</message>

<result>

<result xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="/CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB/xmp-im-file-system-module.xsd">

<xmp-im-file-system-module>

<MemoryPoolStatistics>

<memoryPoolIndex>1</memoryPoolIndex>

<free>4294967295</free>

<largestFree>4294967295</largestFree>

<used>3484331296</used>

</MemoryPoolStatistics>

To me it seems that the ASA returns a value that is bigger then int32 and thus causes an overflow? Any clues? Workarounds to add an ASA to Prime without checking these MIB'S?

Regards,

Marcel

19 Replies 19

Hi Maurus,

About the Netflow its described in the Release Notes of PI 2.1

"NetFlow data from Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) is not supported in this release of Prime Infrastructure."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-1/release/notes/cpi_rn.html

Ah - good catch from the release notes. Not good news but thanks for pointing that out!

Keeping my fingers crossed for it in PI 2.2 (but not all the hopeful).

we opened a TAC case to this issue having PI2.1 and Dev-PAck5-49 resulting in a enhancement request CSCup11361 ASA multi-context support in PI.

With some luck it will be resolved in the newest dev pack 6-.. (sorry cant try out, Im finished this customer) but more realistic in v2.2.

Steffen

Sadly, the just-released PI 2.2 does not include it either.

It's mentioned in the Release Notes.

Mohamed Sayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

please can you tell me how can i add the ASA firewall (WS-SVC-FWM-1 >>> Version 4.0(11)
Device Manager Version 6.2(1)F) to my cisco PI 2.0

thanks in advance