Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 and IPAM Solution

MaliqueVince
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm student in a big company and my manager gave me a mission to study an IPAM solution.

In 3 month, we will use Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0

I turn to you cause I saw on this doc (link below) that CP Infrastructure 2.0 includes an IPAM Solution.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6491/ps11433/ps11480/ps11609/c45_658846_02_prime_aag.pdf

This IPAM Solution, is it just a repository to manage IP Adresse and DNS ?

Is it possible to write on DNS bind with IPAM of CP Infrastructure 2.0 ?

Thank you for your attention,

Cordially Vincent Malique

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The PDF you linked to has a typo in the heading in page 2. It should read Cisco Prime Network Registrar. That product is distinct from Prime Infrastructure (PI) and shares only a common look and feel and architectural approach software-wise.

PI in itself has no IPAM features.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The PDF you linked to has a typo in the heading in page 2. It should read Cisco Prime Network Registrar. That product is distinct from Prime Infrastructure (PI) and shares only a common look and feel and architectural approach software-wise.

PI in itself has no IPAM features.

Ok, I'm french and my comprehesion is limited ^^.

Thank for your prompt reply.

Pas de problème Vincent.

The Network Registrar product is usually seen only in very large enterprises or service providers as it is designed to sale up to serving hundreds of thousands of addresses.

In smaller organizations looking to move beyond the spreadsheet method of keeping track of subnets, I have seen people have success with IPPlan (open source). Those wishing more functions and a supported product often go with SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM) product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: