Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 very poor performance

mel-ghazali
Level 1
Level 1

Dears;

can any one help ?  our PI 2.0 is very very slow in response, i click and go do other job until it loads, some time it works fine for a few minutes and then back poor again. this result i can't manage any thing.

Thanks

Regards

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Did you check the disk space  ?  :: df -h

Also check /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/messaging.properties  , it should have the  correct ipaddress,if not edit it and correct the Ip address.

Do you have any backup when it was running fine ? or it is slow since the installtion ?

Thanks-

Afroz

**Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello Afrahmad;

could you please provide to show what you mentions.

i issued from console

#show disks

10 % used

view memory from Vcenter

about 40% to 50% free.

#show memory from Console

free a few mega from 12 G assigned.

how this diffrence appears??

i assigned new memory [make it 16 G] and the same behavior, a few free megas.

it seems there is a problem in allocating memory and free up memory,, any help ??

Hi,

-Try to reboot the server once.

- From the UI of the PI, please go to Administration > Background Tasks. Are there
usually a large number of tasks there that are in Running or Waiting state? If so deleted or disabled them for a while and see if it makes any differenec in the performance

IMP ***Backing up a large database affects the performance of Prime Infrastructure server.
Schedule backups to run when Prime Infrastructure server is idle (for example, in the middle of the night).

=======
share the output of : df -h   command

Show mem

======

One more thing ,performance also depeneds how your VM is configured

thin or thick provisioning ?

Try to allow some more resources to your VM machine and check the issue.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

***Ratings Encourages Contributors***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello;

-Try to reboot the server once [i did several times, it the same poor preformance].

- From the UI of the PI, please go to Administration > Background Tasks. Are there
usually a large number of tasks there that are in Running or Waiting state? If so deleted or disabled them for a while and see if it makes any differenec in the performance [ i found the tasks idle or succedded, i didn't find any task running, any way i disabled unneeded tasks]

-----

df -h   command [sorry, but Where to issue this command]

Show mem

total memory:   16305052 kB
free memory:      333528 kB
cached:          5959544 kB
swap-cached:      519280 kB

be noted that i already increased the memorfu fro 12 G to 16 G and the same low free memory.

----------------------------------

One more thing ,performance also depeneds how your VM is configured

thin or thick provisioning ?

Try to allow some more resources to your VM machine and check the issue.

the Disk is assigned eagr zerod thick provisioned, i increased the memory from 12G to 16G;

the wiered matter is the memory utilization from vcenter show the cisco prime utilizing only 50 to 60 %,, whe do a show mem on pi it self it show a few megas free as shown in upper section

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card