Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.1 License Installation

SYED AHMED ALI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone please help me about below confusion could anyone help me to sort out this issue.

We have new server which is already in production installed the license with below mentioned but have another PILMS license which I am confused where I have to install this license should be on the same Prime Infrastructure or do I have to installed seprate LMS server for Lan Management solution or I can use this license on Prime infrastructure server.?

E-License (Prime-Management Solution)  

L-PILMS42A-100Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2A - 100 Device Base Lic2Where we have to installed this license
L-PILMS42-KITPrime Infrastructure - LMS License Kit1Where we have to installed this license
L-PI2X-BASEPrime Infrastructure 2.x Base License1This License has done

L-PI2X-LF-100Prime Infrastructure 2.x - Lifecycle - 100 Device Lic2This License has done

Regards.

Ahmed

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The LMS license is included with Prime Infrastructure in case you want to run LMS on a separate server. If you aren't doing that, the LMS license is unused. LMS cannot coexist on the same server with Prime Infrastructure.

Cisco has been including it at no cost since PI has yet to catch up to LMS feature parity.

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for your support and valuable knowledge for me but one question need to understand shall we upload mentioned LMS license to Cisco prime Infrastructure it will accept?.

Waiting for your feedback

Thanks,

Ahmed

Hi Syed,

Like Marvin mentioned before, the LMS license is included with PI only in case that you want to build a new server running LMS 4.2 .

The reason you have two License files is because Prime Infrastructure is integrating some of the
features of LMS but not all of them and for that reason Cisco is providing both License
files, so that you can build two servers (if necessary) and have full functionality.

Eventually Prime Infrastructure  will have all LMS features and both applications will be combine into one. 

So, that LMS license should be not be installed on Prime Infrastructure.

Hope it helps!

Allen A.

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for your response but we are facing one issue in Prime Infrastructure we added the NExus 7k on Cisco Prime Infrastructure but not able to get logs from nexus VDC and also Netflow not able to get could you please help if I installed LMS separately server is it possible nexus7k can add and work smoothly without any interruption for logs any else. 

Thanks.

Ahmed

What version of PI have you installed? Prior to 2.2, PI did not by default display and syslog messages other than severity 0-2.

I've used PI of various release levels and successfully receive display and filter syslog messages from Nexus 7k core switches.

Likewise Netflow export from 7k to PI works ok for me. You do need the Assurance license.

Hi Marvin,

We are using PI 2.1 and we don't have assurance license.

What if we install LMS 4.2 in other separate server it will work for Nexus7 netflow and logs? if yes then we will go with also LMS 4.2A we have license and everything for LMS 4.2A.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ahmed.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card