cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Cannot see the Devices in the Topology Map and cannot automatically do the network link

Tang-Suan Tan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all:

I have succesfully add in all the switches (Cisco 3750X) in the Monitor --> Network Devices.

They are all in the status of Completed without any error message. That means the snmp trap and setting are properly trapped by the Cisco Prime Infrastructure.

By right, after that, all the switches under monitoring should automatically appear in the Topology Map. The problem is althgether there are 18 swithes but it only comes out 2 swithes.

Although it has only two switches capture, I cannot find a way to automatically link up the swithes.

May I have anyone who knows about these two problems to provide the answer as soon as possible?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Philipp Kreidl
Level 1
Level 1

Probably stupid question but: is cdp enabled on all switches and do they see each other?

Hi Philipp and anyone who can help:

Thanks to your suggestion.

I do not turn off the CDP and it should be default on, right? By the way, I did a sample check on few switches with show CDP neighbour, the adjacent switches (all Cisco switches) are shown correctly.

The SNMP commands like community string, trapping and SNMP Host are all applied to the switches in the same manner (copy and paste the same set of commands).

All the switches are set to the same credential setting in Prime Infrastructure for monitoring and they are detected with completed status.

May I have any suggestion?

Thanks!