cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2: How to rebuild Topology Maps?

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the Topology Map feature introduced in PI 2.2. There are switches/devices in the topology map wihtout a single managed link. The device just sits there all alone. I think this must be some issue with the topology map building process, since all my switches are connected directly to the core switches and some of them show up with managed links and some do not. All the switches are basically configured the same and run the same software image (15.0(2)EX4, 15.0(2)EX4). I would like to rebuild the topology maps from scratch to see if there is an issue with the topology data already stored in the database. Is there a switch in PI that triggers a rebuild of the topology maps? Of course, any other solution or hint is appreciated as well.

- Benjamin

PS: Google didn't come up with an answer on this one and I couldn't find a solution in the PI documentation, that's why I'm asking here :)

1 Reply 1

I think I found the solution: All the switches without a managed link are connected via vPC to the NEXUS Core. So obviously vPCs are not shown in the topology maps ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: