Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1 - Tracking configuration and inventory changes

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a Cisco Prime Infrastructure Server so that it sends email notification every time a change is detected in the configuration, and every time a new device is added to the inventory.

I went through the user guide, and I also have gone through all the options, and I don't find a way to do so. Not even with a periodic report.

Any help on this will be very appreciated.

Regards,

Pam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We have been asking for some time for Prime Infrastructure to have the capability to perform an action (such as sending an email) based on various events (such as a sylog event being received telling PI that the configuration has changed). You can trigger a configuration archive based on that but not an email.

It's unfortunate that Cisco has not yet built this capability into the product. Competitive products like SolarWinds NPM and NCM have had this capability for many years now.

The best you can do for now is something like auditing configuraitons with a compliance job. You can see how do do so by reviewing the training video posted here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/training-events/product-training/prime-training-infrastructure.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We have been asking for some time for Prime Infrastructure to have the capability to perform an action (such as sending an email) based on various events (such as a sylog event being received telling PI that the configuration has changed). You can trigger a configuration archive based on that but not an email.

It's unfortunate that Cisco has not yet built this capability into the product. Competitive products like SolarWinds NPM and NCM have had this capability for many years now.

The best you can do for now is something like auditing configuraitons with a compliance job. You can see how do do so by reviewing the training video posted here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/training-events/product-training/prime-training-infrastructure.html

Thanks a lot, Marvin.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card