Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure: Compliance Jobs with "Partial-Success" result

bastianbrachner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm running weekly Compliance Jobs and a few compliance jobs finish with "Partial-Success" result.
Cause for the "Partial-Success" result are devices with the following message "Device status is missing as device was deleted post audit."
Confusing is that I get this message for devices which do not exist anymore in PI, that's what the messegae is pointing at but the mentioned devices were deleted before the audits (complaince jobs run every sunday) run, not afterwards.
And I do also get this mesage for two devices which are proper inventoryzied and synched.

Has anyone the same issue or an idea?

Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Version : 3.8.0 [FIPS not Enabled]
Build : 3.8.0.0.310
Critical Fixes:
PI 3.8 Update 02 ( 2.0.0 )
PI 3.8.1 MaintenanceRelease ( 1.0.0 )
Device Support:
Prime Infrastructure 3.8 Device Pack 1 ( 1.0 )

Thx in advance.

Bastian

4 Replies 4

pieterh
VIP
VIP

when you delete a device you think you are rid of it rght?
but if you did not remove the applied templates from this device first , you may get into problems.
though the device itself is deleted, not all links from other items to this device are also removed

there may still be a link between these template and the device open,

Hello pieterh,

when you delete a device you think you are rid of it rght?
-> yes I do.
but if you did not remove the applied templates from this device first , you may get into problems.

-> I also assume that existing/applied relations like templates get autom. "removed/unlinked".
though the device itself is deleted, not all links from other items to this device are also removed
-> can you explain what you mean with "though the device itself is deleted, not all links from other items to this device are also removed" ?
-> what is meant with links/templates, configuratoin templates?
there may still be a link between these template and the device open.

I've got a PI running with more than 2600 devices and not only me who's working with templates (Configuration - Templates / - Compliance). We've never done that before that issue occurs, I can't retrace for all complinace jobs since when this occurs because I do only see the last 5 job instances. If yes it is not a feasible mode of operation for a management software...

An additional point I'm not able to set in correlatio is...

I did two quick tests, first one, I removed four devices from PI inventory where PI posted the message "Device status is missing as device was deleted post audit.", devices were correct synched & inventorizized!
The complaince profile jobs are configured to check against - Use Latest Archived Configuration - and re-run the same compliance job..., result is exact same error message although the devices were removed before executing the compliance job.

Second test was a compliance job with the same set of devices wich previouly reported "Partial-Success" but instead of "Use Latest Archived Configuration" I selected "Use current device configuration".
This job was executed without "Partial-Success" the devices which previoulsy had the message "Device status is missing as device was deleted post audit." were fine.

Thanks in advance.

Bastian

-> I also assume that existing/applied relations like templates get autom. "removed/unlinked".
that's just my point, this does not always happen!

Hello Pieterh,

In my opinion my second test speaks against this thesis, which is a 1:1 copy of the previous compliance jobs with the difference that "Use current device configuration" was selected and I did not receive a "Partial-Success" (Device status is missing as device was deleted post audit.)

BR

Basti