cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure FAQ

odusotewale
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to launch a support case from the settings icon on Prime Infrastructure, here is the error message received "There was an error while connecting to the server/backend service. Please check if the server/backend service is reachable". Can someone please tell me what i need to do to dorrect this erroe as I am new to Cisco Prime Infrastructure

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So it will be the changes that the Cisco Web Team did to the support website's API calls.  Unfortunately we will have to wait until a new MR comes out with the new API calls.  They made the changes and didn't tell the Prime developers.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

Does your Cisco Prime has access to the Internet?

Brett
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco's web team recently did upgrades to their support website and changed some of the API calls that Prime uses.  You will also see this issue when trying to upgrade Prime from the GUI.  There might be upgrades available, but you have to go to Cisco's site to get them.  The website team has not release the new API calls to the Prime team, or the Prime team hasn't released a MR to address the issue.  For more information what version of Prime are you running and does Prime have internet access?

I am sorry for the late response. Yes my proime infrastructure do have internet access.

Hello,

I just tried from my Prime and I got the same error as you:

"There was an error while connecting to the server/backend service. Please check if the server/backend service is reachable."

However, My server has not internet access. Please, make sure you Prime is actually getting internet access. Would be great if someone take a look on your Firewall and see what happen with Prime request/response with Cisco web site.

Running version 3.0

Same here.

So it will be the changes that the Cisco Web Team did to the support website's API calls.  Unfortunately we will have to wait until a new MR comes out with the new API calls.  They made the changes and didn't tell the Prime developers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: