cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure - Meraki Device Integration not working

PERI_Admin
Level 1
Level 1

We are using Prime Infrastructure 3.9.0 with all installed fixes and Device Pack 1.

We set up Meraki Dashboard integration according to this two guides:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_Integration_Guide_for_Cisco_Meraki

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/user/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_9_0_UserGuide/add_and_organize_devices.html?bookSearch=true#id_104572

Meraki dashboard was integreated without problems and connection and sync is successful.

According to the document Meraki Devices should begin to populate under device monitoring but nothing happens. No Meraki switch or AP was added to Prime Infrastructure.

Any idea what could be the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PERI_Admin
Level 1
Level 1

We solved the problem

Switching from SNMPV3 to SNMPVC2C was the trick. Since then all Meraki devices are showing up in Cisco Prime.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does your firewall allow Cisco Prime to make SNMP queries out to the Meraki cloud?

Does snmpwalk work?

PERI_Admin
Level 1
Level 1

Yes SNMP traffic is allowed to Meraki cloud.

snmpwalk did not work. My priv password had a lot of special characters and I couldn't manage to escape them all.

I changed the password and snmpwalk worked fine. I also adjusted Cisco Prime config but Meraki devices still do not populate.

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If snmpwalk is working and returning data - the issue is not the Meraki cloud side.

I would focus your attention on the Prime Infrastructure side.  Any patches missing?

PERI_Admin
Level 1
Level 1

I saw that patch 3.9.1 was released a few days ago. I'll update Prime Infrastructure and report.

Besides that, are there any useful logs where I can see what's going on?

PERI_Admin
Level 1
Level 1

Still the same problem with 3.9.1.

PERI_Admin
Level 1
Level 1

"Third Party Devices Details Report" list all Meraki devices. But they are not visible in Monitor or Inventory under "Network Devices".

So collection of data etc. is fine but the devices are not listed.

kevin.achilles
Level 1
Level 1

@PERI_Admindid you ever figure out the issue?

thanks,

Kevin

Unfortunately not yet. Do you have the same issue?

Yes, have installed device pack (https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/release/notes/pi39-device-pack-readme.pdf) and can see meraki under supported devices, but no luck getting anything to show.

PERI_Admin
Level 1
Level 1

We solved the problem

Switching from SNMPV3 to SNMPVC2C was the trick. Since then all Meraki devices are showing up in Cisco Prime.

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

I have a question, for the DNS name of the Meraki Cloud for the Organization you entered nXXX.meraki.com PLUS the Community String that you were provided on Meraki Dashboard once enabled SNMP, right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: