Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure Microsoft SCOM integration

keithprice1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've been tasked with finding a way to allow Cisco Prime Infrastructure to communicate with Microsoft System Configuration Operation Manager application. First, is my request possible? Secondly, If so, would I need any additional hardware / special licesning for this?

Thanks,

Kp

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's no direct support for that sort of integration. PI can integrate with some other Cisco server types (ISE and ACS) but not directly with any 3rd party products.

There is the programmatic interface (REST API) but that more for writing queries to PI than for product integration at the application level.

What is the functional integration desired?

I just need Cisco Prime to be able update inventory information to Microsoft SCOM

Hi Marvin, is there any change in this since your original reply? We would also like some integration functionality between Prime and SCOM. We use SCOM to generate service tickets etc and is our primary operations management platform but out of the box it is very poor for network devices.

Ideally we would manage as normal with Prime and have any alert acknowledgment done in Prime but would then have it automatically update the status in SCOM.

franklinb,

No - sorry there has been no such functionality introduced as of the latest PI 3.0.2 or PI 3.0 Technology package.

Marvin,

Do you know if there have been any updates to Prime Infrastructure that would integrate with SCOM? 

billlassiter  

Sorry - nothing has been released.

I haven't even seen anything mentioned in product briefings that would indicate there are plans to do so.

Any update about integration Cisco Prime 3.4 and SCOM 2016 integration possibilities ?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: