cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure (NCS) v1.3 Cli Device Import?

lyle.cameron
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Prime LMS and a Prime NCS instance running. At the moment, instead of having the 2 systems do device discovery independantly, I thought a good way to set things up would be for LMS to do all of the discovery, and then export the DCR from LMS into NCS.

Now doing this manually in a cinch, but I'd like to automate the process. LMS has some nice scripting features that allows me to easily use the 'dcrcli' script to export a CSV file of the all of devices and credentials, which can be put in a format that NCS can bulk import. I plan to do this on a regular basis using a cron entry.

What I can't seem to find is any documentation on how I might be able to achieve the import piece of the puzzle on the NCS box. Are there command line utilities as with LMS that would allow me to import devices, and put the scripting into a cron file to do on a regular basis?       

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

LMS 4.2.2 added the ability to create PI-specific exports. See the release note.

Yep, aware of that. But my problem is how the data can be exported from LMS and imported to NCS via the CLI. My problem is trying to automate the process.

The import is only supported via the GUI at this time. Procedure documented here.

(edit - updated link to a customer-accessible one)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: