Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure Recommended Version

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Is there any current recommended version for Cisco Prime Infrastructure? I checked the download page but I did not find the usual star icon for recommended version. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Please note that Prime, is not like IOS (for switches e.g.) where applicability can depend on technical factors such as support for new hardware  (modules), and components (e.g.) Prime is a network management tool. Just use the most recent version (including patches).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

As far as I'm concerned, I'm migrating my customers to 3.5 and asking them to deploy the latest patch published few days ago (March 22nd).
For new deployments, I'm deploying the same version.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
PI 3.5.
Don't forget to install Critical Update 01 and Device Pack 01.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Please note that Prime, is not like IOS (for switches e.g.) where applicability can depend on technical factors such as support for new hardware  (modules), and components (e.g.) Prime is a network management tool. Just use the most recent version (including patches).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Well, I've seen too much issues with Prime not to have the latest and greatest asap installed. If AP's are suddenly plotted differently because of an wrongly applied offset, or when you would like to upgrade switches of change CLI configuration and it goes wrong then you realize that you should've stayed with a more stable version.

For example, I'm now at 3.5 with latest patches and updates and device packs.
It would imo be very dumb to migrate to 3.7 while it only received its first device pack at this point.
3.6 has now 3 updates and 1 Device Pack available. In the next couple of months that is the release I would upgrade to.

You buy a network management tool to rely on to administer your network for monitoring, troubleshooting and configuring your network. If it's not available due to bugs that is a real bummer and costs way more time for the usual day to day tasks.

Like the TAC Recommended AireOS builds (WLC) I would like to see the same recommendations for Prime Infrastructure.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: