cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure - SNMP Connectivity Failed

jamie.gleeson
Level 1
Level 1

We are running Cisco PI 2.2, build 2.2.0.0.158.  I have two 3848 switches that have a collection status of SNMP Connectivity Failed for some reason.  We have several other switches with the same model and OS versions.  The log on both switches have entries of %SNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input queue full.  I removed the entries from Cisco PI and added them back but this error reoccurs.  Also I have tried to remove (no snmp-server) and add the SNMP related configuration on both switches but this did not help.  I'm not sure what to attempt next.  Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

2 Replies 2

Hello Jamie,

Please check the following parameters:connectivity of the

1.Connectivity of the snmp server from your device.

2. Community string between the server and device.

3. Is there any Security Device blocking the traffic between the two.

Regards,

Shivam Saxena

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I assume you mean 3850-48 type switch. I'm not aware of a 3848 model.

The log message you are seeing on your switches is indicative of a bug in the IOS. The IOS-XE on the 3850 series has been very problematic in this regard.

I don't have the exact 3850 series bug in front of me but here is a very similar one for the Sup 2T on a Catalyst 650:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul86573

In addition to the workarounds that work on the Sup 2T, I have also seen this fixed on 3850 series via an IOS-XE upgrade. the current recommended release in general is IOS-XE 3.6.5E

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284455379&flowid=37842&softwareid=282046477&release=3.6.5E&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=MD&reltype=latest

If you want to verify the bug and exact recommended release for your environment, I recommend opening a TAC case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: