Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure

himanshudwivedi
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to Cisco Prime.

I want to know how to install Cisco PI without ESXI as customer is not having the license of Esxi. 

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions
8 Replies 8

Alright, but then, which other virtualization system you have? 

The other option you have is buy an appliance.

Appliances comes with pre-installed PI or we have to do something in that??

They are using UCS server c220 M4 and is fresh installation, with no virtualization system. Is there any way to deploy .iso file in KVM.

Yes, Appliance comes with pre-deployed PI and yes, it is possible to install in KVM with ISO.

Can you please share any link or procedure for this deployment, because not getting full documents on this for KVM ISO installation.. I have tried to install with ISO file but it is installing Red Hat Linux.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you can use free version :

https://www.vmware.com/uk/products/vsphere-hypervisor.html

If not PI can not install directly on to hardware, rather customer need to buy appliance.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Means I cannot Install iso file directly to UCS server.. I will need Esxi for the same..

Vmware provides Free version for how many days? Because in this link it is mentioned that Use Vsphere free for 60 days...

Short answer NO, you can not install on baremetal (i guess) - if that is possible why Cisco selll their prebuild appliance.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: