cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2.1 (Archived Configurations Disappear)

rsandhu86
Level 1
Level 1

We upgraded to Cisco LMS 4.2.1 recently and we have noticed that every time we reboot our Windows VM Server the archived configurations from the network devices are no longer displayed. They do not appear in the archive, version tree or directory. We are meeting the minimum system requirements for running LMS 4.2.1 and we do not seem to have found any possible bugs related to this. Any help would be appreciated.

8 Replies 8

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

This is not a feature of LMS

You best bring in your VMware guy to change the VM settings.

I know you can keep the VM in a state where it falls back to the original state and all changes are written to temporary blocks.

What you have is handy for testing or for demo purposes though.

Cheers,

Michel

Please can you explain what you mean by this is not a feature of LMS?

Also, what settings are you relating to within VM?

Thanks.

Raj Sandhu

LMS cannot forget about or loose archived config because they are saved in the DB and on the disk.

Therefore you problem is more with the disk than with LMS. 

I'm not a WMware expect, but I know it is possible to bring a disk back to its previous state on rebooting the VM.

I believe it is called disk persistence.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

We upgraded to version 4.2.1 back in February 2012 and since than we have reloaded the VM server four times and on every occassion the archived configuration is lost. If you are saying that this is an issue with the VM server or disk than what would be the first instances to look at in this scenario?

Thanks,

Raj Sandhu

Hi Raj,

I think your disk is in a 'nonpersistent' mode.  You have to make it persistent to keep the changes.

The article below explains a bit

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=150

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

No, our disks are in persistent mode.

Thanks,

Raj Sandhu

Hi All,

Does anyone else have any recommendations on a possible fix or further troubleshooting.

I do not think this is related to a VMware issue, I believe that this is a possible application level problem.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Raj Sandhu

rsandhu86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

This was resolved by an upgrade of the exisiting LMS version.

Thanks,

Raj Sandhu