Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2.5 - Change SMTP Server Port

udid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In LMS 4.2.5, is there any way to change the SMTP server port from 25 to other port?
I didn't find any way to change it using the web interface, and I wonder if I'm missing something, or is there any configuration file on the server where I can change that.

Thanking in advance,
Udi Dahan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Udi,

Unfortunately port 25 is hardcoded deep within LMS and it is not possible to change this port for SMTP.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Udi,

Unfortunately port 25 is hardcoded deep within LMS and it is not possible to change this port for SMTP.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for the reply.
Do you if in CPI 2.1 (or perhaps, the upcoming 2.2 release) has the ability to change the SMTP port?

Thanks.

I don't think it is supported on PI as well.

Plan is to support atleast port 587, which is now tcp secure port for emails which uses TLS.

I am not clear on the roadmap for PI on SMTP port change. But nothing seems in near future. I think it may be because of the defaults and most basic requirement which for now almost all organisations allow without restrictions.

-Thanks

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

Thank again.
With regards to LMS, do you think that there is a business case for enhancement request?
Same question for PI.

Thanks.

LMS has given its way to Cisco PI and there will be no new feature enhancement in future.

This makes a case for Product Enhancement Request (PER) for CPI, where you can engage your accounts team/Cisco Accounts manager to raise a PER request.

-Thanks

Vinod