cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Multiple Logins / Strange Behaviour

richardfinnie
Beginner
Beginner

Since implementing Cisco Prime 3.0 late last week, we've noticed some strange behavior. First off, we see the prime server log into all the devices via ssh multiple times throughout the day (as indicated via the screenshot below).

The 22:00 appears to be normal, as that's when the switch inventory job runs however I can't explain the other instances (as there are no system jobs that are running during this time). Anyone else experience this? I've been asked to justify these as our security team monitors the switches for unauthorized logins. 

Additionally, we've noticed with our 6500 series VSS switch that Cisco Prime appears to lock SNMP occasionally so that it fails with our other networking tools. There is no record of any connections in the switch logs and the time stamps again don't coincide with any system jobs so I am unsure what is causing this behavior (that only happens on the 6500 series).

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers