Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Network - Database reinstallation

nyamaguti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'd like to know the following: if an embedded Oracle database crashes, with no reliable backup due to hardware problems, is it possible to install a new database recreating the schemes, like an external Oracle database, in some way that Cisco Prime Network could understand it, starting up and connecting to this new empty instance normally, just having to repopulate it? Or, is it mandatory to reinstall (Cisco Prime Network + Embedded Oracle database), once you lose the database?

Thanks in advance.

Nil

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nil,

you are right that we are using Oracle as a databases in PI , however as fas as I know , in case of databases corruption , you need to do the re-installed of the server . we can recover or just re-installed the oracle

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello Afroj,

Thanks. But you mean, we can not re-install just the Oracle, is it?

Att.,

Nil

yeah, that's what I mean.

we can leave this thread open for others response ..

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi

You can use below command if the NCS database becomes unstable or unusable, or if you want to remove the old data and start with a clean database.

admin# ncs db reinitdb
-All data will be lost. Do you wish to continue? (y/n)

y

-Creating a new, empty database. This may take 10 to 20 minutes
-Database re-initialization completed

admin#

Note: This command bring all ncs services down before proceeding to re-initialize db. you need to run " ncs start" to restart the services once it is executed successfully.

Regards,

Govardhan

Hi Govardhan,

Thanks, but actually the issue is the reinstallation of Oracle database to the "Cisco Prime Network" system, not to the "Cisco Prime Infrastructure" one. 

I'd like to have the confirmation of the need of a complete reinstallation ("Prime Network" + Oracle DB), or the possibility to keep the Prime installation, if it could recognize and deal with a new clean Oracle DB.

Regards,

Nil.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card