Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime - Primary Failover [updated]

ViktorVik36163
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have a Prime Infrastructure 3.3 HA Cluster (automatic failover type) with the following problem:

In the Health Monitor of the Primary server we get Status "WARNING" and see:
State "Primary Failover" and message: "The primary failed and hence a failover started on Primary detects
secondary in active & restart primary process in standby mode." (see screenshot below)

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-10 at 17.49.47.jpeg

After we try to reload Primary server or try to use ncs stop/start we get no results.

Please, help to find out the solution of the problem.

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What do you mean by 'no results' ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hey,

It means that “Primary Failover” error is still displayed and Prime services failed and could not be restarted. (as it showed on the screenshot)

- Remove the HA-configuration from both members and configure it again afterwards.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

@marce1000, I can't remove the HA-configuration, because when I try to use the "ncs ha remove" command, I get the error message: "HA removal cannot be done when Primary server is not in Active state"

The current states of our servers: Secondary Active, Primary Syncing.

And I can't trigger Failback, because some services are "stopped" on the Primary server.

Please help to find the solution.

-Re-install the Primary, and restore from backup. Then try the HA-setup again.

M.

Is there any way to fix it without reinstalling the Primary?

Probably not.

@marce1000, how to perfom re-installation process correctly?

@marce1000, can you help with an answer here?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: