Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime + SNMP + WLC

Jay_F
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i've managed to get most of my WLCs into cCsco Prime, bar 1x. This one has been incredibly awkward and will not accept my SNMPv3 credentials - the exact same procedure worked for all my other WLC's. I set the AuthMode to HMAC-SHA & Privacy Type to CFB-AES-128 on both the WLC and Prime. Using Prime Infrastructure 3.2 device pack 4. Whenever I try to verify my credentials from the prime box i get: "Device unreachable for SNMP V3 credntials"- credentials entered are correct and the device is reachable from prime to wlc and wlc to prime. What could be wrong? possibly a bug ? I updated Prime to the latest. Has anyone experienced this issue before that could possibly help?

Thanks

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Does the controller have snmpv3 enabled in it's snmp settings ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi,

Yes it does. Confirmed from GUI and CLI.

- Ok, you could , for instance, verify your snmpv3 configuation , with other tools besides cisco-prime ; google on 'snmpv3 test tool'  or 'free snmp manager software' ; the latter could be used for mib-browsing on the controller over snmv3 (e.g.)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks I tried and got the following error:

No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003) ( 0 seconds )

Odd that i can ping the controller IP and the controller is local and both prime & wlc are on the same subnet, no firewalls in the way. Beginning to think this could be a bug of some sorts with the controller.

Any ideas?

- What do you mean by error 2003 ; where does this come from (which app) ?

M.

It came from the app you suggested called Paessler SNMP Tester

- Begins to sound as a bug; check your current  controller version, versus requirements linked to prime version installed (google on stuff as 'wireless compatibility matrix' and or 'cisco prime compatibility matrix'). Possibly try a next version on your controller, but stay compatible with Prime.

M.

ok thanks for your help marce1000. I think we will look into upgrading the firmware of this particular WLC as i suspect some type of bug.

Facing similar situation, has it been resolved after upgrading?

We have 3 wlcs and I can successfully add 2 Wlcs into prime. The other one has issue. Just that the first 2 wlcs are in the same network as of the prime whereas the last one is not. However I have checked the connectivity and I am able to ping the wlc from the prime. 

What model WLC is it ? and what version of firmware does it have ? This was some time back for me but I remember it was affecting our anchor controller. We ended up upgrading the firmware which resolved the problem.