Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime + SNMP + WLC

Jay_F
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i've managed to get most of my WLCs into cCsco Prime, bar 1x. This one has been incredibly awkward and will not accept my SNMPv3 credentials - the exact same procedure worked for all my other WLC's. I set the AuthMode to HMAC-SHA & Privacy Type to CFB-AES-128 on both the WLC and Prime. Using Prime Infrastructure 3.2 device pack 4. Whenever I try to verify my credentials from the prime box i get: "Device unreachable for SNMP V3 credntials"- credentials entered are correct and the device is reachable from prime to wlc and wlc to prime. What could be wrong? possibly a bug ? I updated Prime to the latest. Has anyone experienced this issue before that could possibly help?

Thanks

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Does the controller have snmpv3 enabled in it's snmp settings ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi,

Yes it does. Confirmed from GUI and CLI.

- Ok, you could , for instance, verify your snmpv3 configuation , with other tools besides cisco-prime ; google on 'snmpv3 test tool'  or 'free snmp manager software' ; the latter could be used for mib-browsing on the controller over snmv3 (e.g.)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks I tried and got the following error:

No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003) ( 0 seconds )

Odd that i can ping the controller IP and the controller is local and both prime & wlc are on the same subnet, no firewalls in the way. Beginning to think this could be a bug of some sorts with the controller.

Any ideas?

- What do you mean by error 2003 ; where does this come from (which app) ?

M.

It came from the app you suggested called Paessler SNMP Tester

- Begins to sound as a bug; check your current  controller version, versus requirements linked to prime version installed (google on stuff as 'wireless compatibility matrix' and or 'cisco prime compatibility matrix'). Possibly try a next version on your controller, but stay compatible with Prime.

M.

ok thanks for your help marce1000. I think we will look into upgrading the firmware of this particular WLC as i suspect some type of bug.

Facing similar situation, has it been resolved after upgrading?

We have 3 wlcs and I can successfully add 2 Wlcs into prime. The other one has issue. Just that the first 2 wlcs are in the same network as of the prime whereas the last one is not. However I have checked the connectivity and I am able to ping the wlc from the prime. 

What model WLC is it ? and what version of firmware does it have ? This was some time back for me but I remember it was affecting our anchor controller. We ended up upgrading the firmware which resolved the problem.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: