Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime - Understanding colors on AP's in site maps

asgerbjarke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having issues understanding what AP radio colors mean, see attached image.

I understand the radio with is 5GHz, and at first thought the color indicated some kind of error whereafter I checked the monitoring section of the AP and found no events or alarms. What does the color indication mean?

17 Replies 17

Thank you Balaji,

I've already viewed the documentation but the closest I can get is "Device and access point icons indicate the combined severity of the operational and administrative statuses and the active alarms on the AP/radios in question." which does not help at all.

As per the image you have some alarms it might have cleared.

when you mouse over on that AP, you see right side AP information and alarms (it might have cleared)

check the alams and events against that AP.

Like example :

image.png

when click on right side you see

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean, however when I click and hover on the AP this what I get (See attached screenshots)

When you click that AP - Right side pane you see information :

image.png

BB

Yes, I see that however none of that info seem to explain why the (a) radio is amber. See attached screenshot.

ap3.jpg

ap4.jpg

  

check the alams and events against that AP.

BB

I checked the alarms and events for that AP but nothing came up, maybe I'm doing wrong. Can you please provide a detailed step-by-step method for doing so?

as I recall Prime has an option to display a "legenda" where some explanation of colors is visible

I do not have access to Prime at this time, but try if I can find where that option resides

So to sum up: In site maps, the colors of the radios on AP's is defined by alarms/ events?

chec this document:
Wireless Site Maps Overview (cisco.com)

page-4: Location display color-code to indicate the highest severity level fault or faults that are occurring
at that location level. Device icons indicate fault severity at the device and radio levels.

Page-21: shows how to open the legend

image.png

Thank you very much for that clarification.
How do I see the fault on the radio?

read page-23 and 24 of the document

That's very valuable information, thank you.

However in my situation none alarms or events is present for this AP which is failing, see attached screenshot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: