Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime updates

tal0000011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 3.1.2 maintenance release installed and still getting notifications about 3.1.1.. is there a reason for this ? should this be installed as well ?

9 Replies 9

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's not normal. The maintenance releases (like 3.1.2) should be cumulative.

I just checked one of my deployments and am seeing the same thing. I'm sure it wasn't doing that when I first went to 3.1.2 (also known as Maintenance Release 2) from 3.1 base.

I then checked another deployment and it's also showing the recommendation to install 3.1.1 where 3.1.2 is already installed.

I suspect Cisco's back end provisioning files have an error. I recommend you open a TAC case on it.

Presently Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Maintenance Release 2 (3.1.2) taken out from Cisco.com, Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Maintenance Release 1 (3.1.1) have gone back up in its place. 
While there is currently no timeline set for a replacement, replacement will be able to be installed on those systems that have already downloaded and installed 3.1.2.  As more details become available soon.

- I am sorry , but this is getting way of hand; whilst we already had to deal with the licensing issues in 3.1.1, then there was the absimal licensing token system in 3.1.2, and now 3.1.2 is bad.

So then  and last but not least ; what will happen to customers who have 3.1.2 installed and try to install 3.1.1 (will it be 'compatible' (grpmh and humpffff...!!!).

Will 3.1.1 again 'offer' the licensing problems for the customer (humpfff and grumpfff!!!!..)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I guess with PI 3.1.2 already installed as mentioned above, instructions would be shared soon.

In case you face any specific issue, please get a TAC case opened to get necessary attention.

Ok, but for instance, 3.1.2 , now offers 3.1.1 in software update ; can one really downgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.1.1 ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I guess we can't downgrade/remove, once installed in system. As of now PI 3.1.1 has been made available for those who just have PI 3.1.

Regarding PI 3.1.2 already installed, we would get update soon.

- Thanks , but remember, some users will act upon the wrong info in software update for those having 3.1.2 , leading again to wrongfull actions and confusion...

M.

Why was 3.1.2 taken down? It would be nice to know if I need to be concerned about running 3.1.2 in a production environment.

With PI 3.1.2 installed, no specific issues reported. On this we would get to know more soon.