Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime UPMDbMonitor and UPMProcess shutdown

aparada14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco Prime LMS 4.1 in soft appliance, all process are running in normal state and suddenly

UPMDbMonitor and UPMProcess are in a Administrator has shut down this server state. Why is this happen?

I start again these two processes and stay in normal state, but some time later they come down (Administrator has shut down this server)

Thanks

4 Replies 4

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

It could be that you are in ACS mode and the System Identity user is not having the required privileges for running LMS tasks.

Hi,

I have configured LMS server in Current Login Mode: CiscoWorks Local. When I see the processes down I issue the command:

pdexec UPMDbMonitor  UPMProcess

I start them up and stay in running normally status for few hours, but I haven´t found why this is happening.

Regards.

Vlad Vlaicu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you share UPMDbMonitor.log and UPMProcess.log found in the logs folder of your LMS installation?

Regards,

Vlad

========== NMS Team Krakow, Poland Cisco TAC

Hi,

Enclosed you will find both files requested. I have been checking the behavior of the processes and viewing some features about LMS and something else is affected for these processes, I have an error in My Menu > Monitoring showing Sybase Odbc Driver Sql Anywhere Communication Error in Interface Availability, Top N interface utilization, Top N Interface Errors and Top N interface Discards.

Regards.