Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime UPMDbMonitor and UPMProcess shutdown

aparada14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco Prime LMS 4.1 in soft appliance, all process are running in normal state and suddenly

UPMDbMonitor and UPMProcess are in a Administrator has shut down this server state. Why is this happen?

I start again these two processes and stay in normal state, but some time later they come down (Administrator has shut down this server)

Thanks

4 Replies 4

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

It could be that you are in ACS mode and the System Identity user is not having the required privileges for running LMS tasks.

Hi,

I have configured LMS server in Current Login Mode: CiscoWorks Local. When I see the processes down I issue the command:

pdexec UPMDbMonitor  UPMProcess

I start them up and stay in running normally status for few hours, but I haven´t found why this is happening.

Regards.

Vlad Vlaicu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you share UPMDbMonitor.log and UPMProcess.log found in the logs folder of your LMS installation?

Regards,

Vlad

========== NMS Team Krakow, Poland Cisco TAC

Hi,

Enclosed you will find both files requested. I have been checking the behavior of the processes and viewing some features about LMS and something else is affected for these processes, I have an error in My Menu > Monitoring showing Sybase Odbc Driver Sql Anywhere Communication Error in Interface Availability, Top N interface utilization, Top N Interface Errors and Top N interface Discards.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco