Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime with Lightweight Access Point

NWJ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I was hoping someone would know how Prime communicates with lightweight access points when running configuration tasks, e.g. disabling/enabling the radio at certain times.

I can only see radio resets on the AP when checking logs. Is it via SNMP to the WLC or SSH into the AP from Prime?

Thanks in advance,

NWJ

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PI only talks to the WLC.

So is that via SNMP to the WLC to configure APs?

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Normally all the wireless-configuration parameters, such as wlan's, ssid's , auth-schemes are done on the controller and 'transferred' as such to the access points, by the controller.  If you have Prime, the same commands can be used by managing a wireless controller from Cisco Prime.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I do have Prime which I'm using to schedule enable and disable of access point radios but I'm struggling to find evidence in the logs of how it is done.

The access point itself just logs a radio reset and admin shuts. The WLC records "Configured from x.x.x.x by SNMP" in the logs or "[user] has exited tty session (x.x.x.x).
Is there anyway to see whether it was CLI or SNMP who did the config change?

>...Configured from x.x.x.x by SNMP

- As your action succeeds the question is not that important, whilst the above message may apply it could also be a generic in the context that a configuration-snippet was uploaded through snmp via the COPY-CONFIG MIB (for instance). You may activate snmp debugging on the controller for further info's though I would not spend too much time on it ,since everything what you want to do is working.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: