Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SCE 1000 transaction log

luisaomoreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

how can I access the transaction log in SCE 1000?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Luis,

This is a mistake in the documentation, it should be changed in the documentation for 3.7.0, the bypass LED can only be orange, not green.

Is it on purpose that you have set the link mode to sniffing and not to forwarding?  With sniffing mode, you will not be able to do bandwidth control.

PS: Please mark the question Answered if your question is answered.

Cheers,

Tom

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Tom Debruyne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Luis,

Which data are you exactly trying to see?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi tom,

I want see the traffic : timestamp, ip/port, src/dst, protocol and others.

Thanks

Luís

Hi Luis,

These data don't go in a file in the SCE.

You have 2 options.

1. You enable the transaction usage RDR on the SCE and on your collection manager, you add the tag "4042323000" for the section "[bill-hi]", restart cm (~scmscm/cm/bin/cm restart), each flow will now generate an entry in the csv file in ~scmscm/cm/adapters/CSVAdapter/csvfiles/4042323000

2. On the SCE itself,

* sce1#>debug flow-dump filter subscriber-name name [subscriber name]
     * sce1#>debug flow-dump run

You can use other filters than the subscriber name, press the question mark key ("?") after "debug flow-dump filter"

Cheers,

Tom

It seems that the first option is more interesting to me than the second, but I didn't understand, what the [bill-hi]? where is it?

Thanks again,

Luís

Hi Luis,

Sorry, I forgot to mention, it is in the file ~scmscm/cm/config/queue.conf

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

the tag was already there, so I restart cm anyway but the csv file is empty.

Luis

Hi Luis,

Have you enabled Transaction Usage RDR in the service configuration? From SCA BB Console, configuration > Classification > RDR Settings > Transaction Usage RDR > Select the packages for which you want to get the TURs, then apply the policy.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I did what you suggested but didn't work. I don't know what can be.

Look at the CM device status on the SCA-BB console :

Version : 3.5.0 Build 353

Adapters : RAGAdapter, TAAdapter, CSVAdapter, JDBCAdapter

Rdr rate : 0.0

else,

the SCE Bypass Led is continuous orange and not continuous green or unlit, as like in the SCE user guide. This could be the reason?

Thanks,

Luís

Indeed, something looks wrong with the SCE, it is not normal not to have the green led.

What output are you getting from the command : #>show system operation-status

Note that you should maybe open a service request with TAC.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,
finally csv files are being updated with the TUR's. I found that the link mode was set to" bypass", then changed to "sniffing" and it worked.
Regarding the indicator LEDs, I think I did not express myself well, so they are:

PWR A = Continuous GREEN

PWR B = Continuous GREEN

STATUS = Flashing GREEN

BYPASS = Continuous ORANGE  (here's the problem, the guides describe only two situations : UNLIT or Continuous GREEN)

you know what can be?

Thank you very much,

Luís

Hi Luis,

This is a mistake in the documentation, it should be changed in the documentation for 3.7.0, the bypass LED can only be orange, not green.

Is it on purpose that you have set the link mode to sniffing and not to forwarding?  With sniffing mode, you will not be able to do bandwidth control.

PS: Please mark the question Answered if your question is answered.

Cheers,

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: