Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG350 FindIT

Hello,

I have a cisco sg350-10 switch. Firmware 2.5.5.47, Network Probe 2.1.1. I want to use embedded FindIT, but it does not work.

I enabled it, but there is no icon.

Access via https://<switch-ip>:4443 doesn´t work, too

See attachments.

This didn´t help too:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350-series-managed-switches/Enabling_the_Embedded_FindIT_Probe_on_the_SG350_and_SG550_Series_Switches.html

What can I do? What went wrong?

Regards,

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I thought that I had explained it. But apparently it was not sufficient. So let me try again. As I understand the document there are 2 components for FindIT, there is a management component where there is a single management for the network, and there is a probe where there is a probe for each device in the network. You are enabling the probe. But if there is no management component for the network then the probe will not work. You need to activate the management component in addition to the probe component.

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Try another browser and verify if the problem becomes repeatable.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

i just tried Firefox, IE and Edge - no effect!

still the same problem....

I deactivated windows firewall and I even deinstalled Bitdefender Security

but nothing....:-(

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Andy

I do not have much experience with the SG350 so I mostly speak from what I see in the documentation. I do notice this statement in the document that you referenced:

A single instance FindIT Network Manager is installed at a convenient location in the network. Each Probe is associated with a Manager.

The focus of the document you reference is about the probe. Can you tell us if you have also installed the Manager?

HTH

Rick

I thought that I had explained it. But apparently it was not sufficient. So let me try again. As I understand the document there are 2 components for FindIT, there is a management component where there is a single management for the network, and there is a probe where there is a probe for each device in the network. You are enabling the probe. But if there is no management component for the network then the probe will not work. You need to activate the management component in addition to the probe component.

HTH

Rick

I am glad that my explanation was helpful.  Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick