Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG350X Switch - pruned CLI?

rumak18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

i'm not able to ocnfigure "enable secret" or even "service password-encryption" commands on the cli of my SG350X switch. Is the CLI really so much cut-off or do i try to use obsolete commands?

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure that you  are not logged on with a user who has been deprived of sufficient rights to execute these commands. And so which errors are you getting when trying this ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

No, this is the default user with full rights...i assume. The switch is new. I've updated ios to 2.5.X so the firmware is also up to date. It just seems that these commands are cut-off. 

- Verify current user privilege anyway with show privilege ; besides that what options are listed when enable ? is inputted ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi,

besides...thank you for your help.

So here are the results:

SWITCH1#show privilege
Current privilege level is 15

SWITCH1(config)#enable ?
password Assign the privileged level password.

- Looks promising please post the fulll enable-command-tried and the resulting error too.

M.

Hi, in both cases i get "% Unrecognized command":

SWITCH1(config)#enable secret 0 pass
% Unrecognized command
SWITCH1(config)#service password-encryption
% Unrecognized command
SWITCH1(config)#exit
SWITCH1#enable secret 0 pass
% Unrecognized command
SWITCH1#service password-encryption
% Unrecognized command

- Which options are available when you give this command : enable secret ?

M.

If i put a "?" (question mark) after "enable secret", i get this:

SWITCH1#enable secret
% Unrecognized command

- And which command options are listed when you enter the enable ? command.

M.

Hi Marce,

we had that already . See aboth postings (-;

SWITCH1(config)#enable ?
password Assign the privileged level password.

There is just no "enable secret".

- I can only assume then that the SG350X platform does not offer enable secret ; you can find the differences  with enable password explained from the link below :

http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/difference-between-enable-and-enable-secret-password/

M.

Yeah, that's what i was aiming for. Just wanted a confirmation for this. There are other things that i saw in this time i've worked with this switch like a missing vlan.dat or missing "mls" command. Thank you nethertheless.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: