Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO SX550X SNMP problem

Kuk93
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm currently working on a CISCO SX550X and I've encountered some problems when using SNMP for getting the values of some parameters.

For example im asking the device for cpmCPUTotal5sec at OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.3

Then I try to execute :

root:  snmpget -v2c -c public (IP adress) .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.3

I get :

root: enterprises.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.3 = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

Can you tell me where is the problem?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Try snmp-walking a somewhat shortened version of the OID (cut some numbers at the end). Some times the OID's are slightly different.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

The same problem...

root:  snmpwalk -v2c -c public (IP adress) .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109

root: :enterprises.9.9.109 = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

- Use the latest firmware , if not yet done, note that these small business devices may not implement all the MIBS being available on IOS-based devices.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I have the lastest firmware. Where can I find whether such parameters are available on this device?

- Look if the particular MIB is available from the MIBS supported by the device :

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286305599/type/283415684/release/2.5.5.47

M.