Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Operation Manager

allen84us
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

my CUOM is running at version 2.0.2

i have several problem when accessing the CUOM Monitoring Dashboard and Administration.

When i open the Service Level View under Monitoring Dashboard, it prompted me an error massage shown :

" Cannot load Service LevelView

The TopoServer process mayb be down in the Ciscoworks Server

Check the Topology_client.log and Topology_server.log for more "

Second issue is when i click the Polling and Thresholds under Administration tab.

when i try to edit value in the polling parameter, it prompt me an erroe msg again.

" Cannot retrieve current data

The PTMServer process is not running normally.

Restart the daemon manager or reboot the seerver"

I have tried to stop and start the daemon manager and also few times to reboot the server. but both doesn't help any.

any expert here can advise me the for further troubleshooting ?

thanks

7 Replies 7

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are there any errors in the Topology_client.log and Topology_server.log after you get this error in the GUI?

Can you enable debugging for TopoServer? Then stop the TopoServer process (pdterm) and then start

TopoServer process (pdexec).

Wait for 15-20 mins and see if SLV comes up.

Can you get the output of pdshow for PTMServer?

i cannot really interpret the meaning of the log file. since i'm not the NMS expert.

Can someone tell me what is actually going wrong ?

Your TopoServer process is down

Can you try manually restarting it via

pdexec TopoServer

when i try to start the service manually, it up just for few second. after that, goes back down status.

Has SLV ever loaded? How many devices is it trying to display?

it was able to load before this problem occurred. Around 10 server displayed

this problem came in after power supply maintenance.

priagarw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

When you restarting the daemon server.Do it from CMD prompt.Enter the command "Net stop crmdmgtd".Wait for 15 min once the daemon manager has sttoped.Then start the server by entering the command "net start crmdmgtd".Before launching the SLV wait for 10-15 min because it takes time to restart all the processes.Hope it helps.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco