cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works 3.5 and process sm_server at 100% CPU.

tcekada
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know what the process sm_server relates to in Cisco Works and why it would be pegging out at 100% CPU utilization?? And how to fix it??

Thanks in advance,

tcekada@syseng.com

4 Replies 4

bm_5789
Level 1
Level 1

I wish I could offer you a solution. My problem is java.exe pegging out at 100% cpu util. I've tried everything including suggestions made in this forum and on the cisco website. I opened a TAC and have had 2 engineers working on it and it has been escalated to a "senior" engineer. Good luck!

Although it seems like the two are not related since your misbehaving process (java.exe) is different from mine (sm_server), if you get a solution and have a minute let me know what is was.

Thanks,

Tony

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You have not provided enough info here like version IDU details etc?. sm_server is a DFM process. If you do a CCO Bug search, you'll find a few relevants bugs related to sm_server

Apologies. I am running DFM 1.2 with the latest IDU's on Cisco Works 3.5 with RME as well. I found the relevant bugs you spoke about in CCO bug search but there was no fix or work around for any of them?? The three I found related to cpu and sm_server were cscdw04833, cscdy35043, cscdy35041. All show as closed! with no resolution, no work around!

Thanks for responding,

Tony