cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works changes ignored when someone leaves config mode

ahmad82pkn
Level 3
Level 3

Hi When a user leaves cisco router config mode, a syslog message is triggered pointing to my Cisco works device.

but the changes ignored when someone leaves config mode (i.e., not picked up until the next scheduled archive)

is it possible in cisco works to immediately archive the configuration of router, when someone leaves Config mode?

if yes , can someone guide how to accomplish this?

thank you in advance

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think you can do that using only LMS.

I believe Cisco's recommended approach would be to have your changes deployed using Netconfig from within LMS instead of directly via the cli. In that case, you would have a much more complete record of what was changed and by whom.

A direct cli configuration change will have to wait until the next scheduled (or an on-demand one-time scheduled for that device) archive sync.

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

I think you want to use the automatic action for config fetch which comes with ciscoworks, right?

Did you check that the syslog message from the router came to the server?

If yes, is it in the right form? (I think it is)

I have sometimes the problem with this function that the Analyser was full of syslog messages and drops all new syslogs.

There is a thread here in the forum: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2026181?tstart=0

Sven

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card