Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works logout when i try to export.a report in pdf

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

when i try to export any reports in PDF and try to save on desktop the whole cisco works disappears,i have to login again by opening a new browser,i have checked my browser setting pop-up blocker is disabled,and in security>custom>download section it is enable.

can any body help me.Am facing lot of issue with LMS but am trying to do myself but when i drop my hands then i come here to get help from u experts

Awaiting

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

None. We generate a pretty simple PDF, so any version will work. I typically just install the latest available at the time.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like your browser is crashing. This may be an issue with a plugin (e.g. with Acrobat plugin). Try removing any PDF plugins, and try using a different browser (e.g. Firefox 2).

Hi jclarke,

i tried using from remote machine it is working but when am working on server it is defaut to internet explorer how do i changed to firefox?

On server i just double click on the cisco works ikon on desktop and start using CW and the window is default to internet explorer.

Thanks for ur immediate reponse clarke.

Open Firefox, then go to:

http://SERVER:1741

Where SERVER is the IP address of the server.

Hi Clark,

I mean to say that as i open a cisco works from a ikon on the desktop on server 2003 which is been created @ fresh installation,by default it opens in internet explorer,

Can u tell me such settings in LMS that while on cliking on ikon it should open in firefox.

Thanks for ur immediate reply,

The icon will open your default web browser, whatever that is. If you launch Firefox, it should prompt you if you want it to be your default browser. If you say yes, then the CiscoWorks icon should launch Firefox from then on.

However, if you do not want to use Firefox as the default, then just launch it, and enter the URL I mentioned previously. This way, you can access CiscoWorks using Firefox just this time.

Hi clark

I installed firefox 2.0 and happens the same think,i uninstalled Adobe Acrobat reader 9 restarted the server and then

again installed acrobat 9 and also updated the latest patch for acrobat 9,But it is still giving me problem for both the browser IE and Firefox,

Is it any specified plug-in of acrobat that is to b used or in general plug-in.

Awaiting for ur reply.

Thanks,

Uninstall Acrobat, and leave it uninstalled. Can you then export and save the report as a PDF?

Hi Clark,

Yes i can save it in pdf from firefox and it does'nt crashes when i uninstall the pdf from server.

Now what is the next step so that i can view my pdf files.

Thanks

So the problem is with the Acrobat plug-in. See if you can install Acrobat reader without the plug-in. This way you'll at least be able to view the PDF using the standalone viewer.

Hi Clark,

Which Adobe is recommended for LMS 3.0??

Thanks

None. We generate a pretty simple PDF, so any version will work. I typically just install the latest available at the time.

Hi,

I installed Adobe 7 and its working fine.Am able to save.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: